As a student run newspaper the Breeze expects readers to contact our editorial staff using the comment box below every story for all questions or concerns.
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Twitter

Somerset Berkley’s Drama Club Puts on their Production of Mean Girls

The+cast+of+Mean+Girls+takes+a+bow+after+Saturday%2C+April+27ths+matinee.+
Ryan Rose
The cast of Mean Girls takes a bow after Saturday, April 27th’s matinee.

About the Show

This past weekend, Somerset Berkley’s Drama Club performed the High School Version of the Broadway musical Mean Girls in the Dr. Robert Perry Performing Arts Center. The show was directed by Mr. Young with music direction from Stephanie Isidoro, choreography from Taiylor Medina, costuming from Beth Anne Young, and technical direction from Robert Lomax. The production ran for four shows from April 25th through the 27th. 

Mean Girls is inspired by the 2004 movie of the same name, which follows the story of Cady Heron as she attends an American public high school for the first time after spending the majority of her life in home schooling in Africa. Cady immediately makes two friends named Damien and Janice who convince the new student to spy on the three most popular girls in the school for them. Cady befriends these three girls, known as The Plastics, and chaos ensues.

Many of Somerset Berkley’s most talented students came together to perform in Mean Girls; the cast included: Jaden DaCruz as Damien, Morgan Machado as Cady, Erin Rausch as Janis, Maya Rezendes as Regina, Lily Raposo as Gretchen, Lily Mis as Karen, Kyle Comeau as Aaron, Ty Medeiros as Kevin, Emma Paskavitch as Mrs. Norberry, Avery Patrao as Mrs. George and Sonja Aquino, Rachael Uon as Mrs. Heron and Sophie K, Logan Almy as Mr. Heron, Eric Ouellette as Mr. Duvall, Jules Donoghue as Taylor Wedell and Coach Carr, Julia Colbert as Caitlyn Caussin, Sophia Caruso as Rachael Hamilton and Mathletes Moderator, Kailey Cabral as Mr. Buck, Makenna Cabral as Dawn Schweitzer, Hadley Silvia as French Teacher, Lulu Costa as Lizzie Therman, Hunter Rachubinski as Jason W, Hailey Shea as Glenn Coco, Grace Johnson as Shane Oman and Tyler, Payton Danner as Teary Girl, Abigail Charette as Marymount 1, Lily Machado as Martin, Ross Baker as Marymount 2, Janelle Mello as Marymount 3, and Maggie Frias as Caroline K.

A large ensemble added to the excitement of the show. Ensemble members included: Sophia Caruso, Hadley Silvia, Scarlet Wolfe, Lidia Corvo, Lily Pacheco, Julia Colbert, Louise Caso, Emma Goncalo, Abigail Charette, Jordan Thiboutot, Payton Danner, Kailey Cabral, Mia Carlson, Logan Almy, Makenna Cabral, Janelle Mello, Maggie Frias, Josephina Melancon, Hunter Rachubinski, Rachel Uon, Lulu Costa, Grace Johnson, Lilian Peters, Avery Patrao, Jules Donoghue, Lily Machado, Ella Sousa, Maggie Arena, Ross Baker, Eric Ouellette, Hailey Shea, Maddie Rutkowski, and Gabriella Farias. 

Behind the scenes, a stellar production team helped make last weekend’s shows possible. Darren O’Brien served as the Stage Manager and was assisted by El Marceau, Ava Caruso, and Leah Dunn. Katreena Phillips was the show’s House Manager and was assisted by Emily Amancio. The show’s Sound Production was managed by Nathaniel Pavao, Austin Deschenes, Billie Martel, and Angelina Pena. Benjamin Dean and Katherine Miller controlled the spots. Naomi Berman served as the Light Board Operator and the Run Crew consisted of Emmy Frias, Samantha Wajda, Emilee Biello, Noelle Raposo, Teresa Borges, Samantha Johnson, and James Buscaglia. Neveah Coehlo was the show’s Costume Manager and Zoe Rodrigues, Maya Ouellete, and Naomi McKeon made up the Costume Crew. Robert Lomax was in charge of Lighting Design while Mr. Young managed projections. Set Construction was completed by Bryan Young, Robert Lomax, Shawn Birge, and Mr. Young. A promotional video for the show was also produced by Darren O’Brien. 

Aisha’s Review of Mean Girls

The performance including the singing and dancing was very well done. The entire cast was very enthusiastic while performing and that just brought the whole show together. Every cast member played their character in the best way possible and the roles really suited the person. Morgan Machado was incredible with her performance of Kady and it was impressive how she sang throughout the entire show. Same thing goes for Maya Rezendes and everyone else who sang, I was speechless after every song. Alot goes into memorizing every scene but everyone crushed it with their amazing acting skills. Tech crew also did amazing with the props and lights and everything looked so put together. The show ran for approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes and I felt very entertained throughout that entire time.  Personally, I think this was the best show that we had so far at SBRHS and I really enjoyed watching it.