The Dining Room: SBRHS Drama Production

Congratulations to the cast and crew of The Dining Room for a great performance, and we can’t wait to see your upcoming performance of your spring musical, Into the Woods!

Colby Yokell, Contributor

For the past few months, the members of the Somerset-Berkley Regional High School Drama Club have been fiercely preparing for their play, The Dining Room, which occurred on Friday and Saturday evening in the new Performing Arts Center.  The play was originally written by Albert Ramsdell Gurney and opened in 1981.  It is a play set in a single dining room where different characters meet and intertwine with other storylines.  The Dining Room tells the story of the dying culture of the upper-middle class Americans and the transition into a society of progress.

The cast of The Dining Room did an exceptional job portraying their characters and depict the storyline.  The play was full of comedy, and yet there were many moments of heartfelt woe.  The one set that they used throughout the show closely connected each of the different storylines.  Seeing The Dining Room was a great experience overall.  Congratulations to the cast and crew of The Dining Room for a great performance, and we can’t wait to see your upcoming performance of your spring musical, Into the Woods!