As a student run newspaper the Breeze expects readers to contact our editorial staff using the comment box below every story for all questions or concerns.
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Twitter

Senior Send Off

As the weather gets warmer and the days get longer, there is the slight insanity of teachers cramming in test and quizzes, studying for finals, and AP testing in such a small time. The shorter schedule drives everyone insane, but by June 8th, when we walk across that stage, it’ll be worth it. The senior class of 2012, we have limited number of days left, but our memory and our legacy will be here.

We’ve seen it all. From floods in the hallways and classes being off limits, to new principles and beloved teachers not being able to finish out the year. We’re a strong class and we’ve suffered through all of it. I think it’s safe to say, that we all thank the teachers for pushing us, our family for convincing us to follow our dreams, and our friends keeping us sane. We’ve united as a class in a lot of ways and almost all of us have matured in some way.

These four years have flown by. It’s kind of scary how fast the “best years of your life” could end. But, as we finish our finals and AP testing and the prom preparations come to an end, we’ll be starting a new chapter of our lives. Being away at college will teach us a lot of things: Our parents and guardians will not always be there to hold our hands, the world is bigger than just Somerset, and we’ll finally be in the real world. Freedom, something we’ve all wanted since the beginning of our 13 year education, is being given to us way too fast. We just need to hold on and keep sane, guys. Don’t let the stress of college get you down!

Maybe we will become the next leaders, philosophers, stars, or even hairdressers. Maybe we’ll be the next presidents or congress members. Whatever we’ll be, we’ll always remember our roots and the place that we got our start. The place that was, pretty much, our start to many lifelong friendships and the formation of many dreams that will always be in our hearts. Seniors 2012, we will be seeing each other again at reunions and mingling on Facebook or whatever social site is cool that day. Always remember the friends we’ve made, the dreams we’ve accomplished, and the memories we will always treasure. Where are we going? No one can quite say, but we all had our start as Raiders. We are, and forever will be, Raiders. Good luck with all your future endeavors.