As a student run newspaper the Breeze expects readers to contact our editorial staff using the comment box below every story for all questions or concerns.
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Twitter

Films to Look For in 2012

Many great films were released in 2011, and this year looks no different.  So, I have decided to create a list of movies that I am personally (meaning no Twilight) looking forward to in 2012.  For all we know, these may be the last movies we will ever see before the end of the world.

The Hunger Games (March 23)

Based on the popular book series, this movie is about a post-apocalyptic world where two children from each of twelve districts are forced to fight to the death.  What interests me about this film is that the trailers make the movie appear to be close to the original novel as well as fantastic production values.

The Three Stooges (April 13)

The reason why this is on the list is because I am a big fan of the original Three Stooges short films.  The film itself doesn’t appear to be good, not to mention, this film will be released on Friday the Thirteenth.  But, I do like the actors who were cast as the stooges as they seem to perfectly emulate the original trio.

The Avengers (May 4)

Marvel superhero films are not known for being fantastic films (except for Spider-Man 2 and Iron Man), but considering all of the hype of this superhero-team-up film considering how long it has been in development, but it does seem interesting.  My expectations are that this film will be either good or really bad.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (June 22)

The only reason this film is on the list is because of how stupid the title sounds.  The movie is based on a novel that I haven’t read, but the trailer makes this film look very entertaining.

The Amazing Spider-Man (July 3)

I wasn’t initially happy about the idea of rebooting the Spider-Man series of movies, but after seeing some of the trailers, this film looks to be as good, if not better, than Sam Rami”s original Spider-Man movies.  My only concern is that Spider-Man’s costume looks awful.

The Dark Knight Rises (July 20)

2008’s The Dark Knight may be the greatest super-hero film ever made.  Now Christopher Nolan gives us its sequel, The Dark Knight Rises.  The movie takes place eight years after the events in the previous movie, where now Batman must face his toughest adversary of all, Bane, a mastermind with incredible strength.  The film will be the last movie in Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy.  My only worry is that expectations are very high for this film after the huge commercial and critical success of The Dark Knight.  It will be almost impossible to meet them all.

The Bourne Legacy (August 3)

Don’t let the title fool you. This is not another film in Jason Bourne series starring Matt Damon.  Instead, this film takes place in the same universe, but instead features another brainwashed assassin played by Jeremy Renner.  I just hope that this film doesn’t turn out to be an average action movie simply using the Bourne name to make more money.

Finding Nemo 3D (September 14)

Disney is giving us yet another pointless 3D re-release.  But this time it’s of one of my favorite Pixar movies.  Hopefully, since this film is computer-generated, it will have good 3D.

Taken Sequel (October 5)

The original, Taken, with Liam Neeson was a great, suspenseful action movie about a father who must find his daughter after she is kidnapped overseas.  I don’t know how this untitled sequel’s plot will continue from the original, since the last film left all questions answered.

Wreck-It Ralph (November 2)

This Disney film stars a villain from a classic arcade game who sneaks into a modern first-person shooter game and releases a deadly enemy in the process.  Besides that, not much of this film is known.  The reason that I put this film on here is that the plot sounds like it will be a great tribute to video games from the past, and today.

Skyfall (November 9)

This is yet another film where little is known about it.  For those of you who don’t know, Skyfall is the 23rd 007 movie.  Daniel Craig will reprise his role as James Bond for the third time.

Rise of the Guardians (November 21)

Dreamworks Animation’s latest film just might be their most bizarre.  The plot is that an evil spirit known as Pitch threatens to take over the world.  The only people who can stop Pitch are a group known as the Guardians, which consists of Jack Frost, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy.  That is either the greatest or stupidest plot ever for a movie.