As a student run newspaper the Breeze expects readers to contact our editorial staff using the comment box below every story for all questions or concerns.
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Twitter

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (Review)

After ten years the eighth and final Harry Potter film is finally upon us.  While it was originally released last July, it has recently been released on DVD and Blu-Ray and makes a great gift.  Just as a warning, you will have needed to have seen the previous films in the series (especially the previous one) in order to fully understand this film.

The film starts right where Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 left off, so I won’t get too in depth with the plot in order to avoid spoilers.  The basic plot is that Harry (Daniel Radclifffe), Ron (Rupert Grint), and Hermione(Emma Watson) are back at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in order to find and destroy the remaining horcruxes (magical objects that contain part of one’s soul) and destroy the evil Lord Voldemort (Ralph Fiennes) once and for all.

The film incorporates many battles between students and death eaters (Voldemort’s followers).  That makes this the most action-packed and darkest Harry Potter film yet.  Not only is this film dark in tone but in images.  There was many times where I found it hard to tell what was going on due to the dark lighting.  Also, I felt that the ending was rushed.  It wasn’t like the filmmakers didn’t have enough time, seeing that this is the shortest Harry Potter film to date.  Not to mention, the acting from the main trio was flat and dull (especially Daniel Radcliffe).

However, the good aspects outweigh the bad.  For example, the special effects were fantastic.  Also, a few of the action sequences were exciting.  Not to mention, this film probably had the best pacing in the series.  Also, the acting from the supporting cast is fantastic (especially Alan Rickman as Severus Snape).  Overall, this is a very fitting conclusion to the Harry Potter saga, but far from my favorite in the series.

If you are looking for a good action or fantasy movie then this movie may be for you and makes a great gift for any Harry Potter fan (even though they probably already own it).  My final rating: 4/5.