“Harry Potter” Prequel Confirmed By Warner Bros.

Alyssa LeVasseur, Journalism Contributer

Ever since J. K. Rowling confirmed that there would be no more books or movies expanding on the life of Harry Potter, fans have had little hope for much more Harry Potter products besides the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them movie series and The Cursed Child play in London. However, everything has changed, rejuvenating the Potterhead hidden within us all.

Earlier in the year, Tryangle Films created a Kickstarter page to raise funds for its project Voldemort: Origins of the Heir, a film based around the life of Tom Riddle before he became Lord Voldemort. The campaign was later pulled, and with it the heartstrings of passionate fans with dying hopes. That is until an official trailer was released for the unofficial movie.

The trailer shows the heir of Godric Gryffindor, Grisha McLaggen, hunting down Tom Riddle, who has vanished after the heir of Helena Hufflepuff is poisoned by a house elf.
Recently, Warner Bros. (who possess creative ownership of the Harry Potter franchise) has come to an agreement with Tryangle to help with the project. The downside? The film will only be released on YouTube and not in theatres as a non-profit movie. The release date has not been announced because the film is currently in post-production.

Regardless of where the movie is released, Harry Potter fans everywhere eagerly await for the release of the prequel with wands and Chocolate Frogs in hand.