As a student run newspaper the Breeze expects readers to contact our editorial staff using the comment box below every story for all questions or concerns.
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Twitter

Get to Know SBRHS Swimmer Nicholas Cavic

Nicholas+Cavic
Nicholas Cavic

Nick Cavic is currently one of our best swimmers on the Boys swimming Co-Op with Seekonk team that we have. He is ranked 7th place in the entire state of Massachusetts because of his great performance in every meet. He has a power index of 18.54 and has proven his great talent multiple times throughout his swimming career. He has won both the 200 yard freestyle (1:40.86) and 500 yard freestyle (4:38.19) at the Division II meet. He also broke another record with the time of 47.23 in the 100 free and he beat a 33-year old record by 0.71 seconds! Wow, if that’s not impressive I don’t know what is. Nick also has a 200 IM record with the time of 1:53.27, and 100 fly record with the time of 52.22, as well as a 100 back record with the time of 53.49. Nick is also part of the gator swim club. Congratulations Nick on all your success! Now let’s get into the interview and see what Nick has to say. 

How many years have you been swimming for?

I started swimming when I was 6 years old in Florida. Now I have been swimming for a total of 12 years.  

What is the best part about being on the swim team?

I really like the atmosphere and the environment when I’m there. There’s people cheering and it’s a positive experience. Getting along with everyone and having friendships with people is also a good part. 

How would you describe your experience with swimming?

It’s definitely challenging at times but it builds character and helps you improve as a person. My experience has been good and I feel like I’ve built character throughout my journey. 

How do you feel about being one of our best swimmers?

I feel like I’m getting better every time and just improving so that’s good. The club team that I do all year around helped me improve my swimming abilities. 

Do you plan on continuing to do swimming competitively after high school, if so what are your future plans?

I am looking to do college swimming in the future. I am talking to some coaches and that’s the direction I want to go. I want to commit to swimming and stick with it. 

What is your motivation to keep going and trying hard even when things get difficult and challenging?

I have a lot of goals for myself that I want to achieve so I keep that in mind and keep working hard. I have role models that I look up to like olympians so that helps me stay on track. I love swimming and so I set goals for myself that I strive to achieve. 

What does swimming mean to you and why did you decide to start doing it?

When I was little I swam in my pool and just fell in love with swimming. I knew it was something that I wanted to keep doing. I used to play T-Ball by the pool and I liked everything about it, the water and the feeling that it gave me. 

Do you have advice for someone who is a beginner at swimming ?

The sport is hard but you just have to keep on working hard. When you’re swimming/racing it’s just you in your own thoughts. You have to be consistent and keep working hard. At first you might have trouble with confidence but overtime you improve and you start to build that confidence.