As a student run newspaper the Breeze expects readers to contact our editorial staff using the comment box below every story for all questions or concerns.
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Twitter

Interview with SBRHS hockey player Luke Gauvin

Luke Gauvin is a senior here at SBRHS. This is his last year playing hockey for the Raiders so I thought it would be fun to ask him about his experience with hockey and how he felt playing it. It’s nice to put a spotlight on our athletes because it’s always good to hear what they have to say. The hockey team has their next hockey game this Saturday and senior night is on February 19th, be there or be there. So this is my interview with our hockey player Luke Gauvin.   

How would you describe your hockey experience so far? 

I would say that it has been excellent. Over the past 4 years I gained lots of friendships and hockey is something that I enjoy doing. 

What is something that you accomplished this season that you are proud of?

I just made a lot more friendships with underclassmen and just formed these strong bonds. It’s always good to be with new people and interact with them which is something that I successfully accomplished.

How long have you been playing hockey for? 

In total I have played hockey for about 8 years. I did it all through high school and I did clubs before high school.

What is the best part of playing hockey or what do you like that most about it?

I love playing hockey. It’s one of my favorite sports. There is no better feeling than stepping on the ice before going to play. Hockey is relieving and I just like everything about it. Also being around my friends and playing with them is fun.

Are you planning on playing hockey after high school?

Yes possibly, there are clubs and If I were to play in college it would be D3. 

What is one piece of advice you would give to someone who is new to the sport?

Be open to it and give it a try. You’re not going to be good at it from the start but eventually you will get the hang of it. Don’t quit and keep practicing. If you’re interested don’t hesitate because you only have 4 years of high school and these years are going to be the fastest 4 years so be involved as much as you can.