As a student run newspaper the Breeze expects readers to contact our editorial staff using the comment box below every story for all questions or concerns.
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Twitter

Freshman president of Student Government Scarlett Fernandes

+Freshman+president+of+Student+Government+Scarlett+Fernandes+%0A%0A

Hello everyone, my name is Aisha Imran and I am a sophomore at SBRHS and I am happy to say that this year’s election for student council has recently happened. Student council is a place where people can take charge of the school and make the school a better place by making necessary improvements and planning events for the school year. Students can run for positions and become part of the student government. Every year people run for a position that they are passionate about and that really shows your school spirit. Since the elections recently happened I wanted to interview the presidents of each grade and ask them specific questions so everyone could get to know them a little better since they have taken the responsibility to represent their grade and make the school more enjoyable and more exciting.

Role: Freshman president of Student Government Scarlett Fernandes 

Why did you want to run for president?

I chose to run for student council president because I love student council and I love being involved. I was Berkeley Middle School’s student council president last year and I’ve been on student council for almost five years now!

What are some ideas that you have for the 2023-2024 school year?

One thing I would definitely like to work towards is getting longer passing periods for the future, and opening all bathrooms. I would also like to bring the class of 2027 closer together. 

What is something that you want others to know about you?

One thing I want people to know is I love making new friends and meeting new people, so never be shy to come up and talk to me!

How would you describe your experience at SBRHS so far? 

I think freshman year can be very stressful and nerve racking for everyone but overall my experience at SBRHS has been pretty good! It’s been exciting to be in high school. 

What is something that you want to achieve by the end of the school year as  president of the student council? 

I want everyone to have a good freshman year of high school. My main goals are longer passing periods and the opening of all restrooms!!

Thank you Scarlett, I loved everything that you said. Those were some great answers. Scarlett is a great person and she is super nice and I can definitely see her being super successful. I can tell that she really cares about the student council and Scarlett is someone you would want to be friends with. Congratulations Scarlett!