As a student run newspaper the Breeze expects readers to contact our editorial staff using the comment box below every story for all questions or concerns.
Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Twitter

Interview with sophomore class president Adrian Borges

Hello everyone, my name is Aisha Imran and I am a sophomore at SBRHS and I am happy to say that this year’s election for student council has recently happened. Student council is a place where people can take charge of the school and make the school a better place by making necessary improvements and planning events for the school year. Students can run for positions and become part of the student government. Every year people run for a position that they are passionate about and that really shows your school spirit. Since the elections recently happened I wanted to interview the presidents of each grade and ask them specific questions so everyone could get to know them a little better since they have taken the responsibility to represent their grade and make the school more enjoyable and more exciting.

Role : Sophomore president of Student Government Adrian Borges

What are some qualities that you have that make you a good leader?

I think I have a lot of qualities that make me a good leader and some of them are that I am very social and open to people and I can easily express myself. I am also a very confident and talkative person. I love talking and being president just makes sense and I have leadership skills that I think will be helpful in this role.

What does Student Council mean to you?

I think it’s a great place where people can come together and I want to improve the school and really take charge. I want to be involved in it and fix it to make it the best that it can be.

What are your ideas for the 2023-2024 school year?

Some of my ideas for the school year are 

• Opening the bathrooms all through the school
  • Getting rid of the phone policy and phone tree. Using your phone is a problem not having it on you and I think as long as people have it in their bags it’s fine. 
  • Passing period and changing it because 3 minutes is not enough time to get to class.
  • Free water at lunch 
  • Tv in the foyer
  • Recycling everything and making the school more cleaner. 
  • Mr.Lawrence’s dog Griff as the school dog

What is the best advice that you received and would like others to know?

Do as much stuff as possible that you want to do and are interested in and try to get involved as much as you can. Don’t miss out. 

How does it feel to be president and know that you are representing your grade?                                                               

It’s good to know that people trust me and I want to do my best and give my best effort in everything. I want to show that I can be the best president.

OMG thank you Adrian you have great ideas and I 100% agree with everything that you said. I’m also a representative of the Student Council this year and I’m very excited to work with Adrian. Adrian is one of the most funniest people I know and he is definitely someone who you would want to hangout with. Adrian is very intelligent, funny, and kind. Congratulations Adrian!