Don’t “Bet on it”

Dont Bet on it

Faith Costa, Contributor

Earlier in the month, Disney announced High School Musical 4 is “in development.” Yes, that’s right, the teen musical series responsible for capturing the nation’s hearts may be making a come back after 6 years of waiting. Every fan of the series couldn’t be happier to hear the news, but will our faves from the cast come back for the fourth installment?

More exciting news regarding the movie is that there will be an open call. Disney Channel says that as of now, where and when this will happen is unannounced but they say “there is never a fee to audition for the official Disney Channel talent search.” I mean come on, how cool is that? Who knows? One of you can be the next Gabriella!

With the news of the movie actually happening, fans are wondering if some of the original cast will make an appearance in the 4th movie. The latest rumor has been about Ashley Tisdale, also known as Sharpay Evans. Although there has been no news from Disney nor Tisdale herself, fans still spread the rumor of her being in the movie.

Although we all wish the whole cast will return for the movie, we know, unfortunately, that won’t happen. We would all love to see the young lovers Gabriella and Troy played by Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron on screen again but that is unlikely. Hudgens and Efron are on extremely bad terms and no one knows exactly why, but all we do know is that they don’t want to be seen together publicly. This happens to be the reason why Zac didn’t make an appearance to the 10th anniversary to the first movie. So as much as we want to see the two back together, it would have to take a miracle.