Cruising Into Summer Concert Season

Kate Faria, Journalist

Have you ever been to a concert before?  A concert is like a giant party where only your favorite music gets to play for the entire time.  It is something that everyone should experience at least once in their lifetime, and it will have you dying to go to more.  Here are five tips to help you buy your summer concert tickets now.

1. Buy from a reliable source.  Ticketmaster is the number one online source for buying tickets.  It is most reliable as well as the safest.  Another good option is to go on the website of the venue where the concert is and search for tickets there.  For second hand tickets, StubHub is very reliable.  Be extremely cautious with other websites and things such as eBay or Craigslist, as tickets from here can often be fake.
  2. Choose your seats wisely.  Pick seats based off of price, and comfort, and find a balance between the two for your own personal liking.
  3. Plan for travel.  Make sure you know what time you want to arrive at the concert.  Plan ahead of time how much gas you will need, and if you’re going with friends, how you will carpool.
  4. Budget your money.  You want good seats, but keep in mind costs of food, gas, parking, and souvenirs.
  5. Print out a receipt.  Sometimes, you have the choice to print out your tickets or keep them on your phone to scan for entrance into the venue.  No matter which one you choose, print out a receipt that shows your purchase of the tickets.

Here is some advice from concert-goers:

“Make the most of each concert you go to.  Sing your heart out and have fun.  You get sad when you go home and realize you just saw someone that you love.” – Sophia Costa

“Make sure you park.  If you get dropped off and picked up later you’ll be stuck in the traffic near the venue for 3 hours.” – Erin Rapoza

“Try not to be so caught up with recording the concert and taking pictures on your phone.  Make sure that you enjoy the moment and experience it fully.” – Mackenzie Mitchell

“Remain in the moment because you only get to see this concert once.” – Brady LePage