A Fight W/ Feehan (Freshman Football)

Chase Franco, Contributor

A helmet-to-helmet collision started the Freshman Raiders’ last home game of the season.  Following was a speedy Feehan TD and some bad Raiders Defense.  After getting “beat up” on the line, the Raiders could do little to nothing to stop Feehans offense. Then, a miracle happened. Devon threw a perfect pass to Stafford to get our first TD (7-6) Feehan. Devon then picked the ball, which gave a chance for the lead. We fumbled, giving the ball right back.  After many back and forth plays, the Raiders punted the ball to the 50, and we were still down 1.  Shortly after, the Rocks had a long pass leading to a touchdown (13-6) and Somerset needed to up their all-around game.  That was the half.

With the Rocks in the red zone, everyone thought for sure the Rocks were about to score again, when Jake Rebello picked off the ball!  The Raiders still had a shot! Steven Fralick then had a 65 yard run.  It was 4th down, and the Raiders needed a first-down to stay in it!  They couldn’t get it unfortunately… Somerset’s D started getting stronger, but it was too late into the game and they needed to do this earlier.  Towards the end of the game, the Raiders failed in almost every attribute, causing their defeat.