Senior 6 with Julia Davis

Interview With Julia Davis

Josie Schmidt, Contributor

This “Senior 6” is with the senior field hockey star, Julia Davis!

Q: Do you have any special post-game meals?

A: “I know that this may sound weird, but after games I usually have bananas and milk. Bananas are really good for your body, and plus they taste really good!”

Q: How long have you been playing field hockey?

A: “I have been playing field hockey for 7 years, I started playing in sixth grade.”

Q: Why do you play field hockey?

A: “My mom in high school used to play field hockey! When I heard there was a team, I was so excited to know I had the opportunity to play a sport my mom loved as well! It just so happened that I fell in love with the sport!”

Q: What is it like balancing sports with schoolwork?

A: “Its honestly hard to balance school work and sports. You just need to make sure you spend any free time you have after/ before practice doing your school work. I am in all honors classes and the amount of work I receive is overwhelming at times. I also use any class time or studies I have to complete any assignments, whatever needs to be done to get it done, because you need to be a student before you need to be an athlete.”

Q: What music do you listen to to pump you up before a game?

A: “Before a game, I like to listen to a lot of rap. Artists like Kanye West really get me pumped up. There’s just something about the rhythm that gets my mind focused on the game.”

Q: Do you have a most memorable game, and if so, why is it so memorable to you?

A: “One of my most memorable games was our first tournament game last year. We had qualified for the tournament and due to our high seed, we had a home game. We ended up going into double overtime and I played the whole entire game. I play center mid, so that meant I run a majority of the time, playing both offense and defense.  I was finally pulled off for one second and I turned around and hear a thud.. the other team had scored. This means we had lost the game. It was heart breaking to know that I possibly could have done something to stop it.”